LAKE GRUBB NATURE PARK
Location: The park is located along Hempfield Hill Road, 1/2 mile south of Marietta Avenue.
Description: The park is the site of a former iron ore mine. The ore pit has filled with water, creating Lake Grubb. The park is approximately 54 acres in size. The site is heavily wooded, with a hiking trail encircling the lake. Several fishing areas have been developed. Boating, swimming, and pets are not allowed.
Park Hours: Dawn to dusk, with patrols by local police.
- 2 pavilions with seating for up to 100 people each
- picnic tables/grills
- comfort station with flush toilets
- electrical outlets at the pavilion
- swings, playground activity area
- 1 mile hiking trail
- 1/4 mile ADA accessible trail
- fishing areas